Blog Archive

Thursday, February 23, 2012

SWEET NEWBORN GOODNESS - NAPLES, FLORIDA NEWBORN PHOTOGRAPHER

I've been away - in Atlanta - for another workshop over the past weekend. I spent Friday thru Sunday, one on one, with Debbie Layden (a newborn and children's photographer there in Atlanta). I had a blast and got to drown myself in newborn photography as well as studio and outdoor lighting. Deb was great to work one on one with as I got to ask all the questions I wanted and didn't feel like a dork asking them. LOL!

As a photographer, I like to consider myself a "life-learner." Meaning, I never want to get to the point in photography or in life period where I think I just "know it all." No one ever knows E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G and therefore, why not make it a priority to keep learning all throughout life (whether it be in your career, your hobby, your passion, etc.)? Because I want to remain a life-learner, I intend to always make it a priority to attend any workshop, conference, class, seminar, etc. that I feel is necessary to my craft. I want my clients to have the best product possible and I can honestly say that with each workshop or conference I've attended, it's only bettered the end result of my art. I once heard a photography mentor of mine say to treat workshops and classes as though they are your college - ongoing college. So I do. I have two other workshops coming up this year (one next month in March and one in September) that I hope will also add to the list of things that have helped me improve my product and further educate my brain in regard to this industry.

Because of the above, I'm so grateful for those who "teach" in this industry. Without them, we'd be a lot further behind in most cases than we currently are. Right? So...thank you to all of you out there who aren't afraid to share your knowledge with other photographers. I am a firm believer that there is enough business out there for everybody. :)

Until the next post, stay up to date on daily happenings, give-a-ways, casting calls, & my most recent images from sessions I've done, etc. which are shared on my facebook fan page. You can find my fan page here: FAN PAGE ON FACEBOOK

Have a fabulous weekend! XOXO, Angie

No comments: