Blog Archive

Saturday, February 25, 2012

MINE | NAPLES, FLORIDA CHILDREN'S PHOTOGRAPHER

I got a new light that came in recently and decided I wanted to try it out. It's been sitting in the box for at lease two weeks since its arrival but I've been gone with traveling so much that I haven't had the chance to take it out and put it to good use. So...yesterday I got a few seconds to do just that. I tried bribing my son and eventually MADE him be the model for my initial set up. Of course he fought me on it but in the end I won. I think I threatened no this, no that, etc. until he finally caved. LOL! I'm such a mean mom. There was a day when that kid used to love getting in front of the camera for me. Now...he is just two weeks shy of officially becoming a teenager and can you ever tell it. UGH!

In the end, my oldest only gave me about 5 total minutes of studio time. That included the time it took me to set up my light source and so on. Needless to say, I was very limited. I had to make it happen fast. Because of that, I didn't get the overall solid ring look in his eyes that I was after but I'll just have to use it on a client for a trial run in the near future rather than my son. After five minutes, Brennen looked at me all serious and said, "I'm so over this." The sad thing was...I was suddenly propelled back into my childhood when my own mother used to do the same thing to me with her camera and I'd get so frustrated. So...I released him and made due with what I had.

It's always great fun to get a new toy especially when it relates to photography for me. This light will make a great addition to our arsenal. I'm extremely excited to try it out on my high school kids. I know they'll LOVE it. Until then, thanks for letting me share. I hope all of you have a fabulous weekend. Blessings, Angie

No comments: