Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

LIGHTING - NAPLES, FLORIDA CHILDREN'S PHOTOGRAPHER

I remember when I started out in this business I swore I would never become a "flash" photographer or mess with studio lighting. I loved natural light so much that I let any other type of lighting source intimidate me to the point of convulsions. I've since had the opportunity to work with a couple of different lighting mentors and the outcome is simple...I love having a variety of options when working with clients. There was a day when I would have said...natural light or nothing. However, with knowledge comes growth.

This image is just a small snippet of a shoot to come. I'll share more photos later. However, this is sweet Li Li (my friend and fellow photographer, Deb's daughter). We broke out the big guns (lights) when in Atlanta a few weeks back and had a great session in a nearby field. The skies were very gloomy on this particular night so I was unable to get a ton of "texture" in the skyline. However, this beautiful child more than made up for it. The sky also gave us a nice almost strange glow in color as the sun did set. Fun times for sure. Stay tuned for more to come. PS...This one was an out-take but I thought it fit the bill given today's date...

XOXO, Angie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the new photos on your blog!
deb williams