Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

EXPRESSIONS NOT PERFECTION - NAPLES, FLORIDA CHILDREN'S PHOTOGRAPHER


I truly live by the rule in photography that it's not about capturing "perfection," but instead...it's all about capturing "expression." This really rings true for kiddo's. I don't like the posed and fake look that comes along with making a child "behave" during a photography session. Instead, I believe in letting them have fun and be themselves. It's not the perfect posed and fake smiles we will look back on and remember one day. It's the expressions that were soooooo "Johnny" or ssoooooo "Lindsay" as they were growing up.

I went back home to Indiana over Spring break to visit friends and family. While in town, one of my best girlfriends from highschool asked if I'd come by and snap some quick shots of her son and new little baby girl. Sure thing! I was all about it. When I got there, Z-man (Zach) wanted me to take some shots of him outside in their backyard. So I did. He was such a trooper and really worked his smiles. I loved shooting with him because he was such a natural at it. I can't wait to go back in the summer and do a real session with him and his new little sis. :0)


In the meantime, he is my perfect example of what I mean by just allowing the child to be themselves during a shoot. Although as Moms we might not want the cheesey grin or the squinty eyes, it's who they are and it's who we know them as. It's their signature look that we'll treasure when we look back on their images someday down the road.


I let Zach run the show with these shots and in turn, I couldn't be more pleased with how they turned out. He totally ROCKED it! What a Rock Star! He's such an adorable kid!!! And his little sis Lia, well she is just too precious for words - even though she hated my camera on this day. LOL!




Thanks Z-man. I had so much fun with you and Lia. Get your game face on because I'll be back in July to do a real session with the two of you. :)

XOXO, Angie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

found your site on del.icio.us today and really liked it.. i bookmarked it and will be back to check it out some more later