Blog Archive

Sunday, July 18, 2010

BEGINNER ONLINE PHOTOGRAPHY CLASS

Looking to learn how to use your camera better? Want to learn how to take better photographs of your kids? Do you want to get off the little green "auto mode" on your camera and learn how to shoot in manual instead? Does learning how to get those creamy/butter/blurred backgrounds like the pros interest you? If so, look no further. I'm once again offering the next round of photography classes via Angie Seaman Photography. This is just a reminder that the next class begins August 1st, 2010. Many of you have already registered and I've confirmed your seat in class if you have. Registration is still open with a few spots remaining. If you are interested in taking a beginner photography class that teaches you the basics of beginner photography, how to better use your camera and its settings, etc., then this class is for you.

The course is done online. There are no specific times each day that you must check in for class. You'll be given private access to a forum/discussion board where you can log in at any time throughout the day - as much or as little as you'd like. You make your own schedule. Some people check in everyday, others just check in a couple of times of week. We have one lesson a week that is posted on a certain day. Once posted, you are then given an assignment to do which pertains to that weeks lesson and what we've learned thus far. All questions and notes will be posted on the forum for everyone to read so that we all learn together. It's a very laid back atmosphere with zero pressure. You can participate as much or as little as you prefer. Of course the more you participate in the class, the more you learn. You have one week to turn in each assignment. I then "constructively critique" your assignment and let you know how great the shot is and/or how you can improve for next time. I'm on the board/forum everyday so I'm always there when someone has questions or needs additional help. As for what I'll discuss or teach during the 4 week class, here is a list of just some of the topics that we'll learn:

1) Getting tight and close with your images
2) Uncluttering a photograph
3) Framing your images in camera
4) Composition (rule of thirds) when shooting
5) ISO
6) White Balance
7) Changing up your angles
8) Aperture Priority Mode
9) Avoiding and forcing the flash
10) Your cameras highlight warning & what it means
11) Learning your histogram
12) Exposure compensation
13) What is burst/continuous mode?
14) Shutter Priority mode
15) Getting those soft creamy/blurry backgrounds like the pros
16) Graduating to "manual mode."
...and many other topics along the way.

Here are just a few of the comments and feedback I've received from past classes:

"This class has been amazing! I used to consider manual settings as impossible and scary but now that's my 'go to mode' and my camera is constantly set on it! All of a sudden my camera can do so much more than I ever realized it could... and that's all thanks to Angie! She is an incredible teacher, she's so encouraging and was willing to help whenever I had questions. I am so much more confident when using my camera now, and I finally know what all the numbers mean! I can't recommend this class enough, it's SO worth it!" ~Caroline

"Simply stated, this class was priceless. Angie has a unique way of explaining photography terms in everyday language that is easily understood. She is open and honest in the way she approaches photography. And she is encouraging and extremely "hands on" through out the entire class. The class forum is unlike any other I've ever been apart of. It's simple and easy to use. Angie invites questions of all sorts and answers them completely for each student. Angie Seaman is very gifted and artistic. She loves art, she loves life, and she loves sharing with the world through her pictures. Above all else, I've learned that "beauty is in the eye of she who holds the camera!!" ~Amanda in Texas

"This class ROCKS, as Angie would say!!! I have a Nikon D60, and have for the last year, I learned more about the options/menus of my camera in the first week, than the entire time i owned it!! I was able to tackle things, that I would have not tried, and really enjoyed it!! Angie is a great teacher, she is easy to communicate with and speaks in "human" terms, when it comes to teaching.. I was very happy taking this class, it is has been a great experience and very rewarding!! I am even more addicted to my camera than I was before, and I actually know how to use it, now!! Haha!" ~Christina in California

"Angie Seaman really knows her photography! She is a passionate teacher who is able to connect with all of her students. The forum is well organized and easy to use. I highly recommend taking this class. It is truly a gift that I have given myself. I encourage you to give yourself the same gift and sign-up for Angie's photography class! You are an amazing teacher and I love how you take complicated topics and turn it into manageable chunks for beginners to understand. I enjoy reading your writing and your personal photography is beautiful. I love how this class was organized as well. You can tell that you put a lot of time and effort into this class. Thank you very much! I would recommend this class to anyone and everyone. Plus, I can't wait to take other classes that you offer. I will continue to be a loyal reader of your blog and I am always available to give feedback to potential clients or customers." ~Bernie in Maryland

"I don't know if I can sum up how wonderful this class was in only a few sentences...I'll try. This photography class was hands down amazing! I was a little hesitant to sign-up for an online class thinking, how much can I really learn through the Internet?, but I totally proved myself wrong with how much I have walked away with. Before I was terrified of every button on my DSLR and now with Angie's stellar lessons and consistent feedback I feel more confident in capturing our life's important moments. Thanks again Angie...please keep me on your e-mail list if you should do a next level up class (okay you have to do another...no pressure)." ~Meg in Texas

"I am a busy mom of four kids. My lack of knowledge with my camera prevented me from trying anything other than point and shoot situations. Time is of the essence and I also needed someone I could trust to show me the ropes (not someone trying to sell me products or with their own "spin"). Enter Angie Seaman photography classes! Through Angie's class I learned what makes a photograph great, how to read all the settings on my camera (this was BIG for me) and it also took the intimidation out the huge manual for my camera. This class is easy to understand and simple to follow. I recommend to anyone wanting to sharpen their photography skills in a short amount of time. Thanks Angie!" ~Kristin

If you are ready for a basic, beginner, photography class...go HERE to sign up. From there, you can walk thru the registration process. Should you have any questions, please feel free to email me at Angie@AngieSeamanPhotography.com. Every single one of our classes in the past have always sold out. Don't wait...we'd love to have you. Blessings, Angie

No comments: